Sydney Danielle Lough 3/11/07

Sydney Danielle Lough  3/11/07
My Inspiration

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Blessings in Simple Places

Blessings

I have been thinking the past week or so about how blessed Andrew and I are by our families. I guess what I mean to say is how we get along with each other's families.

From the time we started dating, both of our families took the other person in...no questions...just acceptance and love. While each of us and both of our families have their fair share of quirks, we are able to take them in stride and adjust or deal with them.

I get along great with Andrew's family. I think they are awesome--especially since so many of them read my blog! :) We have a lot of fun together, whether it be making dinner, laughing at Andrew, or playing our new Nintendo Wii. They have been there for me a lot this past year and I am so thankful!

Likewise, Andrew gets a long great with my family. He has been great with my nieces and nephews from the start. It is so cool that when my brother comes into town, Andrew often stays up visiting with him long after I go to bed.

On top of all of that, our families get along great with each other! We don't have to worry about special occasions, because they all can just come together for them.

I have seen too many examples of people who do not get along with their in-laws. I have seen the kind of stress such relationships can place on a person individually and a marriage as a whole. I am reminded that it is important to take time to be thankful for this blessing of family that has been given to us.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments: