Sydney Danielle Lough 3/11/07

Sydney Danielle Lough  3/11/07
My Inspiration

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

No Fighting!

OK, So I am a little behind the times, but Andrew and I finally watched Fireproof this weekend. I was a little nervous because there was so much hype about it. I was afraid it would be cheesy and predictable. Thankfully, I was not disappointed in it! It really is an amazing movie and if you have not seen it yet, you definitely need to!

A big part of the movie centers around "The Love Dare." A process of 40 days to love your spouse. I am planning on reading it soon. But, one thing I took away from it is a (not so new) concept to try not to fight. The first task was not to say anything negative to your spouse. I have altered that a little. For the past two days, I have been resolved not to argue with Andrew. We tend to argue over the stupidest little things and blow them way out of proportion. We can't even agree on why we do this! :)

So, for two days now, we have not argued! We will see how this goes. I may need more than one day to focus on each task~I don't know!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comments:

Debbie said...

Fireproof is SO good - and The Love Dare - at times feels impossible. I've had to try it 3 different times, and keep finding areas that require God's work in my life... sigh.

Not arguing is a GREAT goal!!!

And no, I haven't been reading your mind - I have a BIG problem with BEING right and not always wanting to DO right. sigh. That's probably the basis of my BIG issues and why I find The Love Dare to be so difficult to navigate...

But not impossible, because God is the God of impossible. =)