Sydney Danielle Lough 3/11/07

Sydney Danielle Lough  3/11/07
My Inspiration

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday



Yes, I know- another weekly post. But I have really enjoyed these on Sandi's blog and I wanted to share them with you. The basic gist is this- every Wednesday (or most Wednesdays) I will post a tip that has worked for me. Just a little something that has made my life easier. I will also have a link that takes you to the original "Rocks in my Dryer" site where you can see other peoples' tips. I hope you enjoy!

One thing that has worked for us financially is to get an ING Direct savings account. ING Direct is an online bank that offers a higher interest rate than most local banks. They can do this because they do not have many actual banking locations. You still have to keep your local bank account, but you use online banking to transfer funds between your ING accounts and your local bank. It usually takes a couple of days for the transfer to go, so you may want to keep a cushion in your regular account. Right now, the interest rate is 4.3%. They also do CDs and mortgage loans. I don't know about you, but we have always had trouble saving money each month. But, with ING, we have different amounts that are automatically withdrawn each month into different accounts. We have a general savings account, one for our auto insurance bill, one for vacation/travel, etc. You can really set it up for anything you need. Plus, because it is an extra step to get to that money, we are less likely to spend it needlessly. Earn more money and be less likely to spend needlessly? It Works for Me! To see what works for others, go here.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comments:

SAHMmy Says said...

We love ING too! It's also super easy to set up accounts for your kids through them. We've just switched our checking to their Electric Orange account--checkless checking that pays 4% interest! If you really need a check, they'll send it out for free. No fees, and you don't even need direct deposit, though you'll have to wait for snail mail to deliver your paycheck if you choose this method.