I can't believe it has already been 2 months since Austin was born! He is growing so quickly and changing every day.
The past 4 days have been pretty difficult because Austin has had a little cold or allergies or the like. He started in with it on Tuesday with a little bit of a stuffy nose during the day. But, by the time we went to bed, he was in full-fledged snotty-nose, difficult-breathing, sounding miserable mode. It absolutely breaks my heart when he gets like this. I feel so helpless to make him better. Friday morning, it was so bad that I ended up sitting up with him from 4:30 on so he could breath better. We did finally try the steam from a shower to help clear up his head. It seemed to help quite a bit. However, since I was going on about 5 hours of sleep, we called Grandma Nancyto come get us to help out with Austin. Of course, she and Granny were very put out by this intrusion! :)
Here is what Austin is doing at 2 months:
Here are some of my favorite recent pictures:
- He is starting to sleep longer hours during his naps in the day. Yesterday, he slept 2 1/2 hours in the morning and 4 hours in the afternoon! He is typically awake for about 1- 1 1/2 hours after eating before taking a nap that lasts anywhere from 45 min to 3 hours.
- At night, he is starting to sleep longer towards the end of the night. While he has not slept 7-8 hours at one time since he got the stuffy nose, he has started going 5 hours twice, meaning I still only have to get up once if he goes to bed around 9:00.
- He is eating around 7-8 times per day (24-hour period)
- The smiles are coming much more frequently.
- Austin is focusing in much more on objects and tracking more.
- He is starting to use his arms more purposefully, reaching towards toys to hit them.
- He is starting to roll. Yesterday morning, I placed him on his stomach with his elbows under him so he could push up. He pushed himself onto his side and then rolled onto his back. Then this morning, he rolled from his back onto his side. Granted, he was lying on the couch which is slightly slanted, so he had some help...but he is working on it!
Mommy had to make sure there was room to breath...but Daddy had already made room.
This burp cloth makes a good blankie!