Sydney Danielle Lough 3/11/07

Sydney Danielle Lough  3/11/07
My Inspiration

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Reading Time

A couple of days ago, Mom and I took Austin to the library for the first time. Well, it wasn't exactly the first time he has been there, it is just the first time he has been there in the kids section and awake!

Austin has just recently really gotten interested in books. He will go pick up a book and bring it to you, hand it over and then crawl into your lap. It really is the sweetest thing! Sometimes he sits through the entire book and other times he just makes it through a page or two. But, either way, I love that time!

His bedtime routine now includes reading several of his books with Daddy and then coming to Mommy to rock and sing for a while before going to bed. He always grabs Diggers first! I think that is his favorite book right now. He also likes That's Not My Puppy and Goodnight Moon. (So, I don't know how to underline in HTML. Anyone know?)

Anyway, we got several books from the library and "Play to Learn" bag which we have not opened yet. I had no idea the library has so many things for little kids! My friend, Sandi, took here kids there a lot for story time, but I did not know how much it had to offer! We will definitely be going back often.

Oh, and for Austin's first time at the library, can you imagine how many books he pulled off the shelf?

None. He was too busy playing with the stackable cups and the toy where you push the balls around on the wires in a maze. But, he has enjoyed at least one of the books here at home! :) Baby steps, right?

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comments:

Shyla said...

That's a cute story. I love the family photos! Great pic!