Sydney Danielle Lough 3/11/07

Sydney Danielle Lough  3/11/07
My Inspiration

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Can Do It!

Well, tonight, Austin reached another milestone. He has been feeding himself with his fingers for a while now. And, he has been working on using a fork/spoon with help; but not with any real consistency.

So, tonight, I decided to give him his spoon and set his plate with applesauce on his tray and see what happened. He dug right in! It was slow going, but really for his first time on his own...I'm impressed.

See for yourself!



Notice, he is using his left hand. We have been letting him pick which hand he uses to hold his spoon. Tonight, he chose the left hand. At times, he would stop to put his right hand in to touch the applesauce, but then he would go right back to using the spoon with his left hand. I moved the spoon to his right hand at one point to see what he would do. He pushed the applesauce around with his spoon, then returned it to his left hand to continue eating. Who knows...we might have a lefty on our hands!
Also, for his first time, I am pleased to announce he did not get too messy, either! No flung food (yet) and nothing dropped on the floor! This time, there wasn't even anything in his hair! (Not something I can routinely say.)

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comments:

Karen Walker said...

He did such a good job! I'm very impressed. Better than Noah, who is 2! Noah throws his food on the floor, still and chucks his plate.

Austin is so adorable! I can't believe how big he's getting.