Sydney Danielle Lough 3/11/07

Sydney Danielle Lough  3/11/07
My Inspiration

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pregnancy Update #1

I just realized that I have not really given much information about the pregnancy specifics. Let's see... I am currently almost 18 weeks along (Wednesday). My due date is January 28. So far, the baby has been doing great!

Our ultrasound at 10 weeks showed that the baby was one day smaller than the due date would have suggested. I got a little bummed about that. Sydney was always smaller and I felt like this was just the beginning of another trend. Then, when I went back for my 12 week appointment, I had lost 10 lbs! I was sure that the baby would have gotten smaller (relatively). Boy was I in for a surprise when the ultrasonographer said the baby was 5 days bigger than the due date would suggest! Wow! That was a first! Then, at our appointment at 16 weeks, it was 4 days bigger than the due date! I am so excited that everything is looking good!

I have started feeling the baby move! The first time I felt it was Friday, August 15th. I was sitting on the couch with my laptop resting on my lap and lower abdomen. All of the sudden, I felt this thump up against the laptop. It happened twice, so I moved the laptop...and it stopped. So, I put it back and it happened again. It was like the baby was saying, "Hey, get that off of me!" I was only 16 weeks, so I was surprised to feel it already since it was closer to 20 weeks when I felt Sydney. But, I have felt it several more times since then. It is such a wonderful feeling!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

3 comments:

Jeni said...

I'm so glad things are going well! I've heard that you feel the baby earlier with a second pregnancy, but I don't know anything about that yet (hopefully someday).

How are you feeling these days? Are you working much?

Mandy said...

That is wonderful! It sounds like things are going great.
Post pictures of the bump!
Jeni is correct - you can typically feel the second baby sooner.

Ter said...

I'm glad things are looking good so far and I hope this continues to be the case. :)