Sydney Danielle Lough 3/11/07

Sydney Danielle Lough  3/11/07
My Inspiration

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday: Goodreads

My friend, Taina, turned me on to Goodreads. I love to read books and am always looking for new titles or authors. A couple of weeks ago, Taina invited me to be her friend on Goodreads. I had not even heard of it, but when I checked it out, I immediately signed up.

Goodreads allows you to keep track of books and organize them by:

  • Books you are currently reading
  • Books you have read in the past
  • Books you want to read in the future
You can also add any other category that you want, like...Books I want to read again. Or...Mystery Books. I have a category called Devotional Study Books- devotional books that I would like to go through at some point.

You can also rate the books you are reading and write reviews on them. This can help you remember what you thought about the book and convey that to other people, as well.

On top of all of that, you can invite people to be your friends. I can see what all of my friends on Goodreads are reading now, what they have liked in the past and recommend, what they have found that they want to read in the future. I can also see what they have had to say about the books.

Signing up is easy. Just go to Goodreads, click on "Get started," and you are on your way. Then, you just start adding books to your "bookshelves." You can add any book that can be found on Amazon.

Goodreads works for me. Head over to Shannon's for more tips.

**Note: I am not getting paid in any way for this post.**

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

3 comments:

tootie said...

Cool site! I had never heard of it. But I love to read and will give it a try!

Cajun Mama said...

Great site! I've never seen it before. Thanks for sharing.

Sandi said...

Taina has told me about it -- I just hadn't gotten around to signing up yet!