Sydney Danielle Lough 3/11/07

Sydney Danielle Lough  3/11/07
My Inspiration

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

WFMW- Backwards Edition


This week it is a backwards edition of WFMW. That means that I get to ask a question and get advice from the many brilliant bloggers out there! I have a couple of questions.

My first question is this:

How do you get the related posts listed at the bottom of your post without having to put the links there yourself? If I can figure that out, would it bother you as a reader?
I have seen them on other blogs and have enjoyed them myself. However, I have not been able to figure out how to do it myself.

My second question is:
What kind of things do you buy that are homemade?
I am thinking of starting to make homemade cards and embroidered items, such as bibs, burp rags, aprons, towels, etc. Do you buy things like that and what do you expect to pay for them?

Thanks for helping me out! You can head over to Shannon's to see if you can help others out, also!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how to do the Related Links in Blogger. I'm using Wordpress, and I found a plugin (code written by someone else!) that does it for me.

Amy said...

I'm assuming you have, but if not, be sure to check out "etsy" in terms of homemade items.

I can't really sew, so I like to buy things at a local craft shop like small fabric bags ($5) and tissue box covers ($5).

Jeni said...

I don't know how to do the related posts thing either. I'll be checking back later to see if someone comes up with something that works!

Sarah said...

For embroidered items depending on difficulty of design, numbers of colors etc I would pay $5.00 and up. I do cross stitch myself so I know how intricate some designs can get. As a fellow card maker again it depends on how intricate and detailed you get, how much you spend on supplies etc. I would charge anywhere from $2.00 and up per card. I like the etsy idea, but if you're like us and trying to get out of credit card debt you have to have a credit card to sell on etsy, not to buy, but to sell that way the automatically get the seller fee and such.

As for the technical stuff can't help you there :)

God bless,
Sarah
www.homeschoolblogger.com/OhioSarah

Anonymous said...

Hey, Tiffany,
Try this link for the Related Posts. I haven't tried it out myself, but it seems sounds. Let me know if I can help you.

Ter said...

no idea about the related items question.

In regards to homemade things, I do like going to craft sales but I don't buy as much as I would like simply because the people I buy gifts for wouldn't be interested in alot of these things and I have a hard time convincing myself that it's ok to spend money on anything that's not neccessary unless it's something in my daughter's memory.