Sydney Danielle Lough 3/11/07

Sydney Danielle Lough  3/11/07
My Inspiration

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Daily Devotional: Habits

Have you ever noticed how easy it is to pick up bad habits, but how hard it is to develop good habits? I am finding this to be so as I am trying to establish a daily Bible study routine. There seems to be so many things that get in my way of studying each day. You may have noticed that I have not posted a Daily Devotional for quite a while. This is because I have somewhat fallen off the study wagon as of late. However, today, I am making a fresh start.

This morning, I reopened the book I began a while back entitled Knowing and Loving the Bible. Today's entry was talking about how your relationship with God is directly proportional with how much you love your Bible. When I think about the time period when I fell in love with Andrew, I spent as much time with him as possible. Just about everything I did, he was a part of. All of the things about Andrew that I fell in love with would not have mattered if I was not around him.

The way we fall in love with God is by falling in love with His Word. God communicates with us through His Word. He teaches us through His Word. He reveals Himself to us through His Word. He comforts us through His Word. He encourages us through His Word. By truly seeking Him in His Word, we can develop a personal relationship with Him.

Now, I am not saying that God can't use other means to reach us, because I have experienced those other ways in my life. Friends have said just the right thing at the right time. I have attended conferences that had to have been planned with me in mind. I have come across quotes that were spoken straight at me. God does use many avenues to reach us. But, I believe that the main way God speaks to us is through His Word.

I want to fall in love with the Bible. I want to immerse myself in His words. I want to find myself in those words. I hope you will have the desire for the same.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments: