Sydney Danielle Lough 3/11/07

Sydney Danielle Lough  3/11/07
My Inspiration

Monday, October 15, 2007

Daily Devotional

Well, I was gone over the weekend and did not do my quiet time. So, today, I picked back up where I left off. I read the first day of the book Knowing and Loving the Bible by Catherine Martin. It was entitled "The Invitation to the Divine Romance" and talked about God wanting to be in relationship with us. I have always heard people talk about a personal relationship with God, but have never really experienced that myself. However, just like last time, I prayed to God as I sat down for my quiet time, that He would open my heart to hear His voice through His word. And, just like last time, I feel like He showed me a new promise.
The author was talking about one of the verses that meant so much to her in her early relationship with God. Jeremiah 31:3 says, "I have loved you with an everlasting love." I looked this verse up to see the entire context, and felt that God was speaking to me. Verses 2-6 talk about God restoring Israel if they can just "survive the sword." It was a reminder to me that if we can persevere through this difficult time, God will restore us as well. In this desert (vs. 2) that I am in, God is showing Himself to me. There is going to be an end to this pain- in heaven- but until then, God will be there to comfort us in our pain and sorrow. Thank you God for reminding me of this!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comments:

Jeni said...

Good thoughts for today! I may look into that devotional book - I definitely need some help getting started studying.