Sydney Danielle Lough 3/11/07

Sydney Danielle Lough  3/11/07
My Inspiration

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Rough Day

Yesterday was a very rough day for Austin. He had his official 2 month doctor's appointment and got his first round of immunizations. I knew it was going to be a bad experience for me, but I had no idea just how bad! Austin screamed bloody murder, his face turned beet red, his blue eyes just poured out tears and he looked at me with a look of such pure terror and betrayal that I just started crying!

He went to sleep pretty soon after the shot which almost got us home. He was very fussy and cried/screamed from around 4 until around 9:30. The only time he calmed down for very long was when he was nursing. Feeding was kind of tricky because I was trying to figure out the best way to feed him without putting any pressure on his thigh where he got the shots. We finally got him propped up using a couple of pillows. I fed him about every two hours in the evening to try to help him feel better and to get him more fluids. He also calmed for a little while in his swing and slept for about 15-20 minutes and again for about 5 minutes in a warm bath. Daddy was finally able to get him to sleep around 9:30 after a second dose of Tylenol.

Thankfully, he did pretty well over night and only woke twice. Today has been better, although he is still a little more fussy than usual. His cousins Jena and Ruby are here visiting and Jena has held him a lot today, which has been a big help.

I am definitely not looking forward to his four-month shots!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comments:

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Poor little fella. Poor mommy! I wish I could tell you that the shots thing gets better. It is harder for me when they get older and know what's about to happen to them. :)