Sydney Danielle Lough 3/11/07

Sydney Danielle Lough  3/11/07
My Inspiration

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Faking Grace

I just finished reading the book Faking Grace, by Tamara Leigh from the Christian Fiction Blog Alliance. I really enjoyed its message. Here is the breakdown of the plot:

Maizy Grace is a reporter in need of a job to help pay her bills. While she has called herself a Christian since her childhood, her faith has never gone beyond that. Now, she finds herself in two part-time jobs: one as a lifestyles writer for the local paper and the other as an editorial assistant at a Christian publishing company. Desperate to prove herself to the local paper and land herself a full-time position as an investigative reporter, Maizy finds herself living two separate lives and getting herself into a real mess when the paper assigns her the job of investigating Steepleside Publishing and exposing its skeletons. While facing down demons from her past, Maizy realizes that she may not be cut out for investigative reporting if it means ruining the lives of those she is coming to know as friends. While trying to fake her way as a Christian, Maizy finds herself yearning to be more than a "cultural Christian," and realizes she has to pick one life or the other.

The author does a good job at examining how the world looks at Christianity and the fact that everyone, Christans included, suffer from temptations and trials. What is different is the way these trials are handled.

I also found myself examining my own hypocrisy in my life. While I put on the right face when at church or other places in public, I find it easy to make all kinds of excuses as to why I am not faithful with my pray and personal study life. I fear that I am more of a cultural Christian than I would like to admit. Faking Grace has prompted me to make a renewed effort to incorporate my faith into every aspect of my life.

I would highly recommend this book! It is a quick and easy read with a wonderful message!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments: