Sydney Danielle Lough 3/11/07

Sydney Danielle Lough  3/11/07
My Inspiration

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

WFMW- Auctions


A couple of weekends ago, Andrew went to see Mizzou play Texas A&M in football. I decided I would stay home to save money. However, my plans changed Saturday morning when Nancy called to get a phone number from me. When I asked her what big plans she had for the day, she informed me that she was going to an auction. I love auctions! So, without taking a shower, I threw on a hat and headed out the door for an auction at the last minute. We hit a jackpot! The auction was made up of things from three different elderly ladies homes. There were all kinds of great finds! Nancy and I both got a new set of dishes ($15 for hers and $5 for mine!) among many other things. We filled the back of her mini van and had to call the guys to bring the truck for the rest after the football game. I think my best buy of the day was a blue cabinet that I got for a dollar!

My $1 Cabinet. We are working on stripping it and repainting it this weekend for Brook and Geoff to use in the baby's room.

The thing I like about auctions is that you can get great buys on really unique things. I mean, sure, you will find some that are duds, but the others more than make up for those. And, if you don't see anything you like, you don't have to stay! Auctions are a great place to find tools, dishes, decorations, and baby items. So, if you have never been to an auction before, you are missing out and should go at least once in your life!

Auctions work for me! Head over to Rocks in my Dryer to see what works for others!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow did you ever luck out! I like ebay auctions too, but you have to be careful not to get caught up in the "frenzy".

The best thing I ever got on ebay was a silver plated tea set for $25.00. It is listed at $375.00 at Replacements.com.

Tiffany said...

Actually, this was not an ebay auction. I was a live auction at an auction house nearby. I do like ebay auctions, though. They can really get me in trouble!

Catherine said...

I love auctions too! I've gotten some great pieces of furniture off of craigslist as well.

Jeni said...

That's a great cabinet! Love it!

tickledpink.nicole said...

They need to hire you! You have a gift for deals - congratulations!

Sandi said...

What a great find -- way to go! And happy birthday!!

Amy said...

I can not believe you got that cabinet for only $1! That's a steal. I like auctions, too, but haven't been to one for years.

Is it your birthday? Happy B-Day to you!!

Jeni said...

Tag! :-)