Sydney Danielle Lough 3/11/07

Sydney Danielle Lough  3/11/07
My Inspiration

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Daily Devotional- 1 out of 10

Tonight, as I was reading my lesson from Walking by Faith, I was convicted by the author's discussion on gratefulness. I was reading from Luke17 about the 10 lepers that Jesus healed and the 1 that came back to thank him. She asked the question, "Does your response toward life's difficulties better match with the nine lepers or with the one who returned to thank Jesus?" The answer was easy- I have always been quick to ask God for help when I needed it; I always have believed He has the power to change things. But, when He does give that help, I have often taken it for granted and not allowed His working in my life to prompt me to act or change in any way. I think I have always just assumed that if I had faith, nothing could touch me.
I have to ask myself the question- if He had saved Sydney, and she were here with me today-healthy- would I be sitting here, writing about my journey to discover Him? I think the answer would be, no. I think I would have been like the nine who, were thankful that they were healed, but were to eager to go on with their lives to take the time to "throw themselves at Jesus' feet."

I want to commit to trying to be like the 1 leper. That when God moves in my life- whether in good times or bad- to be thankful for His presence there; to throw myself at His feet in thankfulness for all He has done for me; to allow him to prompt action and change in my life.
I miss Sydney tremendously, but I am thankful that God is using this time to guide me to Him.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comments:

Jeni said...

Good thoughts - it takes a big person (or maybe a broken person?) to see God's handiwork in the midst of tragedy. I think you're doing great!