Sydney Danielle Lough 3/11/07

Sydney Danielle Lough  3/11/07
My Inspiration

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Grilling Goodness


I came across this meme and thought I would participate. I have enjoyed reading her blog, especially this post. Basically, you answer random questions to get to know each other better. Since I don't always have interesting things to post about (less of a problem since Austin came along, but still...) I thought it would be fun. So, here is this week's Grilling Goodness:

1. Do you prefer to write with pen or pencil? It depends. I like using pencil for my Bible studies, but pretty much use pen for everything else. In particular, I like black ink, not blue! In high school, my best friend always used blue ink and it drove me crazy. Just a weird quirk of mine, I guess.

2. What was off limits to you growing up that you do all the time now? I really can't think of anything. Maybe standing with the refrigerator door open to look at what is in there, but I don't really do that too much now.

3. What is the age difference between you and your spouse? Andrew is about 6 1/2 months younger than me.

4. Did you hurt yourself in anyway this week? Yes! My back is killing me! Right behind the shoulder blades. I know it is from holding Austin with bad posture as he is growing so quickly. I think I am going to try to get a massage this week to make it better. Yay!

5. Do you like wallpaper enough to hang it in your home? Absolutely not! I have never been a huge fan of wallpaper in the first place, but it has become my mortal enemy since we bought our house. There was wallpaper in two rooms that we had to pick off. And, it couldn't just come off in large pieces! Oh no! It came off in minuscule, barely visible flecks. Why, you ask? Because the people who owned it before us had painted over the wallpaper! Why didn't we just do the same? Because I didn't want it to start peeling later and us have to repaint or peel it off later. So, we spent probably acouple of weeks, using several different solvents (guaranteed to peel wallpaper right off with no effort) and various scraping utensils and finally a complete mudding of one wall to prep the walls for painting. So wallpaper? No way! Not even if it were the perfect design. I would not wish it on my worst enemy! OK, I'm off my soapbox now.

6. What do you need to do that you've been putting off? My thank you notes from my showers and other gifts I have gotten since Austin was born. I had planned on doing them the couple of weeks I was off before he was born, but when he came a week early, it really put a wrench in my plans. But, I was glad to finally meet him!

7. What did you do this week that you wish you hadn't? Washed a load of clothes without sorting the colors. I thought everything had been washed enough times that nothing would bleed. (I know,Mom. You taught me better than that!) I ended up with one of Austin's white sleepers sporting pink streaks all over it. :( Seriously, how mqany times do you have to wash something before it is set? Thankfully, none of Andrew's dress clothes got any pink.

8. Did anything keep you up late this week? Andrew and I stayed up until midnight on Tuesday watching Mizzou beat Marquet in the Sweet 16 game.Those were 3 precious hours with Austin sleeping that are normally spent with me sleeping, too. It was fun spending tgime hanging out with Drew!

Well, I don't know about you, but this has been fun for me. Head on over to Golden Goodness to participate, or you can leave answers of your own in my comments.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments: