Sydney Danielle Lough 3/11/07

Sydney Danielle Lough  3/11/07
My Inspiration

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Honey Garlic Pork Chops and Grilled Asparagus

I tried a new recipe a couple of weeks ago that was really good. Best of all, it was quick and easy! I served it with grilled asparagus and sweet corn. It was a pretty healthy meal!

You can find the recipe and nutritional information for the Pork Chops here.

As for the asparagus, brace yourself...it is pretty difficult!


Grilled Asparagus:

bundle of fresh asparagus
olive oil
spray butter
Mrs. Dash (original blend)

Wash asparagus and cut the ends off. Spread asparagus in a single layer on a long piece of tinfoil. Sprinkle olive oil and spray butter over asparagus. Then sprinkle Mrs. Dash over asparagus. Fold up foil into a pocket over asparagus. Grill on the top shelf of grill ~20 minutes or until it reaches the desired tenderness. Enjoy!

This can also be done in the oven. Preheat the oven with the pan in it. Then layer the asparagus on the heated pan. Bake ~10 minutes or until desired tenderness.

Last week, I used the marinade again for pork for kabobs we did for our Memorial Day cookout with the family.

For more recipe ideas, click the Saturday Stirrings button at the top of this post.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! That looks like a perfect summertime meal!

Jeni said...

I'm NOT a fan of asparagus, but the pork chops sound really good! We don't grill (because charcoal is a pain) but I'm sure I could bake or broil them.

Anonymous said...

No way! Not a fan of asparagus? I'll take that over the meat any day of the week. But I am a veggie lover.

I like asparagus. There's another thing we have in common Other Tiffany.

Tiffany said...

I have not always liked asparagus, but these are pretty good. Plus, Andrew loves it, so I make them.

Ter said...

YUM!!!!

i'm hungry now. lol