Sydney Danielle Lough 3/11/07

Sydney Danielle Lough  3/11/07
My Inspiration

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Someone Call the Fire Department!

I came home last night, pretty tired after getting up at 5. We had to get ready and get Andrew to MoEx for his shuttle to the airport by 6:20. Add to that a pretty busy day at work and I was ready for a very relaxing evening.

Andrew was pretty bummed that the irises were just starting to come out as he was leaving. So, I promised to take pictures of them. When I got home, I decided to go take the pictures right away.As I rounded the house, I was surprised to see this...Not to be outdone, Lego kept begging for attention, also.
While other cats climb trees and lay on cars (which mine do also), Millie also likes to climb the house. While I have seen her up there several times, and even seen her get there once, I have never seen her get down...so I don't know if she can.She kept "talking" to me as I rounded the house. I went to the porch and tried to reach up for her. She meowed and leaned over the side, but every time I reached for her, she would bat playfully at me.
That is right, she loves it!
So, I tried to climb up on the railing of the porch to get higher, but then thought better of it (when I could not do it!). So, then, I got a chair and pulled it up to the porch. But, she still would not let me get her.
I went inside for an hour or so, but she still did not come down. I could not stand the thought of her trying to jump down and hurting herself, so I ended up going to the garage and getting a ladder. I climbed the ladder, grabbed her by the scruff and climbed back down...very carefully!

Hopefully, that will be the most exciting thing that happens while Andrew is out of town!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

7 comments:

Jeni said...

She's so funny. I'm glad neither of you were hurt during your little adventure!

Amy said...

That is one adventurous cat! Your brave for going up there with the ladder.

Stephanie said...

Why is it that the crazy stuff happens when the guys go out of town? My husband went to Japan on business one year and we had ice storms that knocked out the power for almost the whole time he was gone. There have been other adventures since then! He always misses "the good stuff." :)

Unknown said...

Cats! Life would be so dull without them.

Anonymous said...

Tiff
I bet if the first rain drop hit her, Millie would have been on the ground before the second one got to her. She really looks like she is smiling and getting a good laugh out of you!
Pop

Tiffany said...

That is so true! Although, I think she laughs at us most of the time!

Ter said...

you're braver than me!! I woulda said, fine stay up there forever then! Because I wouldn't be climbing up there! ;)