Sydney Danielle Lough 3/11/07

Sydney Danielle Lough  3/11/07
My Inspiration

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Sydney

Today would have been Sydney's 1 year birthday. While I had a difficult time this morning, the rest of the day went pretty well. I wrote her a letter this morning in a journal that I have been keeping off and on since being in the hospital. I had planned on posting it here, but then changed my mind. Instead, I have decided to post this poem that was given to us on a plaque on Sunday from a friend who has also lost a daughter. It really says exactly what I feel. The author is unknown. Warning: you may need a tissue handy- I did!

Little I knew that morning,
God was going to call your name.
In life we loved you dearly.
In death we do the same.

It broke our hearts to lose you.
You did not go alone.
For part of me when with you
The day God called you home.

You left us beautiful memories.
Your love is still our guide.
And though we cannot see you,
You are always by our side.

Our family chain is broken,
And nothing seems the same.
But as God calls us one by one,
The chain will link again.
Happy Birthday, Sydney! We love you and miss you very much!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you guys, and you're in our prayers today.

Unknown said...

Stopped by to let you know that I was thinking about you guys today. Glad to hear your day went better than it could have.

Amy said...

Been thinking about you today.

Anonymous said...

I loved the poem, it reminds me that Sydney has so many family members to look after her greatgrandpas,greatgrandmas and many others. I miss her so much, my life will be forever changed by those blue eyes. I am thankful to our Father in Heaven that I can look forward to being a link in the chain! I love you both always,

Mom Lough

Unknown said...

Tiffany, I stopped by yesterday to let you know that I was thinking of you and praying for you, but after I read that poem, I was at a loss as to what I could add.

There is a hole in your heart and life left by Sydney's home-going. But God's grace and mercy fill up that space that she left behind. I know He is your Rock. He will see you through.

Happy birthday, Sydney.

Laura Paxton said...

Thinking of you...wish we were close, so I could just come by and give you a hug...will keep praying for you!

Laura Paxton said...

Hey, hon...I left you an award...come get it when you can!

Anonymous said...

Tiff, Thanks alot for making me cry,you know I hate to cry!! It's funny how you can miss someone that you only met once but i do miss her and love her.
Happy Birthday Sydney
Love Brook

happyhome said...

I'm at a loss for words. Praying comfort for you today.

Angela

Ter said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Sydney.

You are a very special little girl....

((hugs)) for mom and dad.

Kimberly said...

Keeping you in our thoughts...

Jeni said...

Happy birthday, Sydney. We look forward to meeting you someday.

Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to a little angel.