Sydney Danielle Lough 3/11/07

Sydney Danielle Lough  3/11/07
My Inspiration

Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday Fun- A new meme for me.

I came across this site called Friday Fun. I don't remember exactly where I found it, but I have been watching for something I wanted to participate in. Today, I found a topic I could write about. This week is a Home Edition of Friday Fun. It is perfect timing because we just rearranged our living room last weekend. I was so excited to blog about it and then realized that in my excitement, I had forgotten to take before pictures. But, about the Friday Fun...Here it goes:

1. Do you live in a house or apartment? I live in a house.

2. What is your most used room in your house? We are in our living room a lot. It kind of doubles as an office as we both sit in our respective places using our laptops.

Here is where I put my mini post on how we redecorated our living room:

A picture from the front door. This rearrangement really opened up the room.

The couch is now perpendicular to the window. It was parallel to and against the window before.

We made a small section at the back of the room to put a small desk. Hopefully, this will stop clutter from taking over the entire room.

This is the view from Andrew's chair.

Back to the Friday Fun questions:

2-b. Does it tend to follow any kind of design theme? The only theme it has is hand-me-downs. Although, we are starting to actually buy things ourselves now. Like the entertainment center pictured above.

3. Which room in your home would you most like to change? What would you change in it? Any of the bedrooms- I would add more closet space. Or the kitchen- I would put in a pantry.

4. If you could add a room to your house, what would it be used for? I would definitely add a craft room.

5. Find a real estate listing online of a home that could be your dream home and share it with us. It can be anywhere in the world and totally not realistic! So I did not go find a listing online, but I know what my dream house would have. Definitely a big living room for large gatherings. I would want a large pantry and big bedroom closets, so I don't have to worry about storage. Andrew would want vaulted ceilings and I would want a basement and a two-store entry. Of course, I would have a craft room. I think there would be an office/library overlooking the living room. We would live on 50-100 acres with trees surrounding the house. I know, I'm really not asking for much, am I?

To get the Friday Fun themes each week, go here.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comments:

Jeni said...

I like the rearrangement! I'm convinced those of us with tiny houses have the biggest design challenges, not just in style, but in basic livability!