Sydney Danielle Lough 3/11/07

Sydney Danielle Lough  3/11/07
My Inspiration

Friday, January 11, 2008

Another New Meme- Frugal Fridays

I have seen the Frugal Fridays meme on different sites before, but today, it just screamed out at me. I got so many great ideas from just a few that I had time to read. So, I thought I would share the love...and suggestions. The theme for today is Five Painless Ways We Saved $100 Last Year. Here are my five ways to keep down the energy costs:

  1. Keep the thermostat turned down in the winter and up in the summer- I am amazed at how much this can affect the electric bill!
  2. Keep the blinds closed during the day in the summer and open on sunny days in the winter.
  3. Use a space heater in the winter and fans in the summer- We put a space heater in our bedroom at night and then close the door. Keeping it even on low keeps it nice and toasty through the winter. Sometimes, we even had to turn it off because it got so warm! We also kept one in the living room where we spend most of our evenings. In the summer, we have a fan in our bedroom that circulates the air to keep it from getting too stagnant. This allows us to leave the thermostat a little higher.
  4. Use blankets- I keep an extra blanket on my bed and one on each chair in the living room. Having the easy accessibility helps keep down the temptation to turn up the thermostat.
  5. Turn off lights when not in a room- Especially in the summer, this keeps down the bill and decreases the heat being put off by the light bulbs.
These may sound simple, but they have all helped us keep our energy costs down. Head over to Biblical Womanhood for more money saving tips.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comments:

Vickie said...

Hey Tiffany! Great list!
I am a stickler about turning off the lights! I just wish my teenage sons were the same way!

I am so tired and I am up trying to figure out all this CVS and Walgreens stuff. I just can't seem to get the hang of it. I think it is because when I get the chance to try and learn about it I have had such a long hard day that I am too tired to think.

Do you do CVS and Walgreens that Crystal talks about on her blogs?

Hope you are doing well.
Blessings,
Vickie@PursuingSimplicity