Sydney Danielle Lough 3/11/07

Sydney Danielle Lough  3/11/07
My Inspiration

Friday, April 6, 2007

The Chair

Well, it happened. The thing we had looked forward to and dreaded finally arrived. We picked up the long-awaited glider rocker yesterday afternoon. Going to get it actually made me sick at my stomach. As soon as I saw it, I teared up. Andrew had a rough time with it, too. I mean, come on...it is only a chair. But it is a reminder of everything we dreamed about and everything that we don't have. It is bright yellow and has a fabric like a baby blanket. We brought it home and put it in the office (the planned room for the nursery). We uncovered it and took turns sitting on it. Of course, tears fell. (Luckily it is stain treated!) Mom and Dad came over for moral support. Again, tears fell. I think in the long run, the chair will end up being a place for therapy. (One of the many) A place to be close to Sydney when I need to be. I think it will also be a reminder of what we want again in the future some day.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

People ask me how you're doing all the time. I tell them you're doing all the things that the books say you should be doing...but before I even have to say anything else they say, "even so, nothing makes this easy."
Exactly. I'm so proud of you for taking the steps to stay healthy and sane and to mourn. To cry for as long and as loud as you want! I am learning so much from you both. Many are changed or are changing because of Sydney. Keep talking. Keep healing. Keep sharing.
Know you're being held in the Father's arms and you are as dear to Him as Sydney is to you!
With Love, Me

Sandi said...

May God use this chair as a place of mourning, comfort, and healing for you and Andrew. Thank you so much for sharing your heart.

Mandy said...

You two will one day rock your children in this wonderful chair. Keep crying and know that all your friends are here for you both.

Debra said...

I'm so sorry. I understand.