Sydney Danielle Lough 3/11/07

Sydney Danielle Lough  3/11/07
My Inspiration

Thursday, November 20, 2008

30 Weeks and Counting!

NaBloPoMo Day 20
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, so it is not really that bad! But, seriously! This boy is stubborn!

I am 30 weeks now (as of yesterday) and I have noticed some big changes recently:

Austin has taken up permanent residence under my right ribs. It is a constant battle where I push him down and he kicks me and moves right back. We are definitely going to have to work on obedience!

Also, as I mentioned earlier, my back is really starting to hurt...specifically next to my right shoulder blade. Interestingly enough, that is also where I occasionally get a tingling/pins-and-needles or numb feeling. He must be stepping on a nerve when he is lodging himself under those ribs! It is like he is seeking shelter or something! Anyway, I digress.

I have also started to get bigger in the stomach. Still, I get so many people saying how tiny I look. While I know they mean this as a compliment, I feel like I am huge...and I love it! When I say huge, I know I am still not as big as a lot of women get, but I have been a lot bigger than I ever got with Sydney for the past couple of months. Also, I lost 10 pounds when they put me on the low carb diet, so that slowed things down a lot. Add to that that Austin is up in my ribs and does not leave me much room for much food, and I really have not gained that much weight. So, that is all baby. And believe me, he is taking every bit of that room for himself and then some. (In case you have not noticed, I am quite obsessed with the fact that Austin is taking over more of my body than I had anticipated!)

He is really starting to get big. They will measure him again Monday, but the last time, he had gained about a pound in three weeks. I know he is getting big because in the past week, I have started feeling actual body parts. I have not been able to completely identify them, but there are definite contours there that were not there before! You can really see my belly move a lot more now, too. So, something is definitely changing there.

Anyway, I am still planning on posting about my showers soon. It will probably be after this weekend. I am planning on working on the nursery and putting everything away this weekend. I should be more organized and prepared to blog about it then. Until then, you will have to use your imagination! :)

Cartoon found in a BabyCenter newsletter I got. You can see more by this artist at Everyday People by Cathy Thorne

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

7 comments:

Jeni said...

You're so cute!! I imagine you DO feel huge, since you're normally about as big around as a toothpick. :-)

I think around 30 weeks was when I started to finally feel good physically, but then I would get out of breath & dizzy if I tried to do anything. Because of my fibroids, my babies lay sideways, and Wendy's head was always smooshed against my left ribs - so I feel your pain!

Jeni said...

And did you get your hair cut? It's cute!

Mandy said...

You look awesome! I love the hair.

Tiffany said...

Yeah, I cut my hair about a week ago. I went in for a trim and came out with a new look. I had been planning on growing it out (bangs and all) so I could keep the baby out of it, but then I realized that nothing was going to keep him out of it, so I just cut it off. I will have better pictures of it up soon.

Also, I don't want anyone to get me wrong! I am not saying I am fat, I am just enjoying making it past where I was with Sydney!

Sandi said...

Dave and I joked when I was pregnant with Caden about womb discipline as it related to all of the jabs and kicks, etc. (as in, is there such a thing as? and can we implement it?) Maybe we should write a book...

Tiffany said...

I am right there with you Sandi! I bet there is money to be had in training the child in the womb! I know I would read it! :)

Queen B said...

Cute picture!!!


By the way, you won the Warren Barfield CD...email me with your info and I'll get it right to you!!!